You are here
- 1932 – First tubes were made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in Germany.
- 1935 – The first PVC pipes were manufactured (Germany).
- 1936 – PVC pipes began to be installed for residential drinking water distribution and waste pipelines (Germany). Most are still in service.
- 1949 – Initial use of PVC pipe in North America.
- 1952 – PVC pipe introduced in the U.S.
- 1955 – First PVC water distribution pipes laid in the U.S.
- 1960 – Original publication of ASTM D1785 – Standard Specification for PVC. Plastic Pipe, Schedules 40, 80, and 120.
# RewriteBase /